Sugi Bee Garden Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Company”) shall handle personal information in accordance with the terms and conditions stipulated in this document.
The terms and conditions stipulated in this document shall be in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information Protection Act”) and other related laws and regulations.
Article 1. Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations, and Guidelines
Article 2. Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company shall acquire personal information legitimately and appropriately.
Article 3. Utilization Purpose of Personal Information
The Company shall, use personal information within the scope of the following terms or within the scope of the purpose of use that is clear from the acquisition status, and shall not use for any other purpose, except with the consent of the principal or when permitted by law.
- i. Shipment of goods and related business.
- ii. After sales service and customer support.
- iii. Notifications on new products, services, exhibitions and others.
- iv. Responding to inquiries and consultations from customers.
- v. Invoices, refunds, payment, and other relevant affairs.
- vi. Improvement of telephone support quality and trouble prevention.
Article 4. Entrustment of Personal Data
The Company shall, in order to facilitate our business and provide better services to our customers, in certain situations, entrust personal data of the customer to partner companies and the Company’s group companies, including overseas partner companies and overseas group companies; however, the personal data to be entrusted is limited to the minimum information necessary to conduct the entrusted business.
Article 5. Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
The Company shall not disclose the personal data of a customer to any third party excluding entrusted parties, unless obtaining in advance the principal's consent, or unless the situation is permitted by law.
Article 6. Control of Personal Information
- 1. Ensuring accuracy on data contents
The Company shall maintain and update the personal data of the customer within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use, and shall strive to delete the personal data when it is no longer necessary to use it.
- 2. Security Control Action
The Company shall take necessary and appropriate action for the security control of personal data including preventing the leakage, loss or damage of the customer’s personal data.
- 3. Supervision of Employees
The Company shall make sure its employees are aware with respect to appropriate handling of personal data while providing necessary and appropriate supervision over the employees so as to seek the security control of the personal data.
- 4. Supervision of Entrusted Parties
The Company shall, in case of entrusting the handling of personal data, select partner companies and the Company’s group companies, including overseas partner companies and overseas group companies, which adopt appropriate actions for the security control, and will supervise the trustees as necessary and appropriate.
Article 7. Application Acceptance Regarding Retained Personal Data
- 1. When requested by a principal or a legal representative to get informed of a utilization purpose of retained personal data, the Company shall inform the said principal or a legal representative thereof without delay, except where in those cases falling under any of each following item.
- i Cases in which the utilization purpose of retained personal data that can identify the said principal is clear.
- ii Cases in which there is a possibility to harm a principal or third party's life, body, fortune or other rights and interests.
- iii Cases in which there is a possibility to harm the rights or legitimate interests of the Company.
- iv Cases in which there is a need to cooperate in regard to a central government organization or a local government performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that, a utilization purpose would interfere with the performance of the said affairs.
- 2 The Company shall, in case of having received a request by a principal or a legal representative requiring disclosure of the retained personal data, inform a principal or a legal representative of the customer without delay, except where in those cases falling under any of each following item.
- i. Cases in which there is a possibility to harm a principal or third party's life, body, fortune or other rights and interests.
- ii. Cases in which there is a possibility of interfering seriously with the Company implementing its business properly.
- iii. Cases of violating other laws or regulations.
- 3 The Company shall, in case of having received a request by a principal or a legal representative requiring correction, addition or deletion of the retained personal data, conduct a necessary investigation without delay and, based on the result thereof, take appropriate action.
- 4 The Company shall, in case of having received a request by a principal or a legal representative requiring the utilization cease or deletion of the retained personal data, and when it has become clear that there is a reason in the request, conduct such requests properly.
- 5. In the event of the customer requesting the operations stipulated in items 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, and 7.4 the customer shall notify the Company’s customer support desk at the address defined in Article 8 below or directly managed stores. The Company shall strictly store personal information provided by the customer, and use such information to handle customer requests. For more information on the disclosure procedure, please refer to the“Disclosing Procedure of Retained Personal Data.”
Article 8. Inquiries Address and Customer Support Address
Sugi Bee Garden Co., Ltd.
International E-commerce Division
571-15 Mitsugu-machi, Kita-ku,
Phone support hours: 9:00-18:00 (JST)
Established on September 1, 2017
Last revised on November 1, 2021